Client: City of Birmingham
Victoria Law Courts is probably one of the most important listed buildings in the central area of Birmingham. It has Grade 1 listed status and was built in 1887-1891 to the competition winning design of Sir Aston Webb and Ingress Bell. Elaborately detailed inside and out, it is built in red brick and terracotta with a green stone tiled roof. This £250,000 contract encompassed various alterations to both Public and Private areas of the building together with the complete restructuring of the Public Fines and Fees Office. This involved forming new entrance archways in existing terracotta walls, and the designing of a complete new timber public counter and screen based upon existing original joinery designs, and incorporating part of an existing counter. All timber detailing and colouring was painstakingly re-created from original samples.